The study immersions offer a multi-faceted journey into the broad spectrum of yoga, infused with complementary ancient and contemporary philosophy, anatomy and physiology, somatic enquiry, psychology, pranayama and meditation as well as our own ongoing research and practice. We are committed to providing awakening, progressive and practical teachings that challenge, stimulate and enrich teachers of all approaches to yoga.
Each study immersion will have a primary focus on one of the below topics, sometimes featuring a guest teacher, but will maintain threads of continuity linking the teachings together.
- Embryological patterning, ancestral and primal developmental influences
- Axial core, gravity, balance and movement in asana
- Applied anatomical teachings toward safe and effective practice
- Safe and effective adjustments for teacher and student
- Teaching and practice of Restorative and Yin Yoga
- Therapeutics for the low back
- Somatics and sensory motor awareness
- Psychology and yoga
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and applications in yoga
- Great Yoga Wall trainings for therapeutic applications
- Yoga and scoliosis with Narelle Carter-Quinlan
- Yoga and ME with Fiona Agombar
- Thai Yoga Massage and applications in yoga with Ralf Marzen
- Tantric philosophy with Carlos Pomoda
Each study immersion day will begin with led Yin and Yang Yoga, and each week will involve self-practice with the Yoga Acaemy faculty offering adjustment and guidance for the development of your personal practice. In addition, each day will include
- breath work for deep relaxation and cellular wellness,
- mantra for concentration and inspiration,
- insight, wisdom and awareness through meditation.